Thursday, December 3, 2009

Head of House- Should it be the Woman or the Man or Both?



I had a very interesting conversation the other day, so of course I had to write about it, so here it goes…

I was having a conversation with a friend in regards when Barack Obama was running for the presidency. I had made mention to the fact that when Barack was on Oprah over 4 years ago and he was thinking about running for the presidency Michelle stated that this had to be a family decision because it will change the dynamics of their family and she had a career to think about too. The other party whom I was speaking to immediately stated that’s bull and the final decision is Barack’s regardless if Michelle agrees or not, however, he then went on to say he would need her full support?? WTF!! Then the other party stated the final decision should be Barack’s, who is the man of the house, period! So I shot back, that’s why they are still married because they discuss important decisions as a family unit, not independently!

So, I ask the question when it comes to important decisions for the household who should make the decision, the man of the house, the woman of the house or should it be a joined decision?

I’m just saying..

C Double R

4 comments:

  1. A man can make the final decision on what he's going to do, but at a minimum, he needs to ask for and respect his wife's decision, especially when it effects the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is a good one. OK....Let me first say that God took the rib from the man's side and not his back. Therefore, the two should be in all things side by side. They are as one, am I correct. The decision of the household should always be that of a collaborative effort. But there are times when there is still disagreement; what do we do then. (I'm gonna get flack for this one) The decision should be left to the head of the household, the man. Why, well.....I would have to have a long conversation from a biblical standpoint. But that's for another time. Now this final decision is all going to depend on where the two are at spiritually or non-spiritually. The man should never make a decision that leaves out others that are involved. His decision MUST always be that of LOVE and be in a manner that has his wife's (everyone's) best interest at heart. Bottom line is this: God should be in the picture, and no woman should have a problem following a man's lead that follows God's lead. Now if you are not spiritually guided, then you're going to have a problem if the two disagree. What do those two do. I haven'e the slightest idea. But I will say this this, "You can't have all chiefs and no indians." In addition, do we settle for you made the last decision, noe it's my turn. Yeah that sound real good right???? Again, bottom line is there has to be a final authority. That authority has to be the man. Why, because in the end somebody is always going to say, "Where was the man."

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ True Man and Kevin: Great points guys. And Kev you explained ( in great detail might I add) why it should be the man's decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracey Woods:
    KG- you get a digital "pound" for that, my brotha...

    ReplyDelete