Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Art of Forgiveness!!!



I must admit this is a craft that I am still mastering. People kill me when they say you should forgive and forget and move on!! Seriously, is it really that easy?? I think you can forgive, but some things you will never forget, period!! You can try your best to not think about it, but you will never forget.

I must admit I have come a long way when it comes to the art of forgiveness, but I haven’t completed my travels just yet. I can forgive if the person is forthcoming with his or her wrongdoing. However, if I get a hunch and ask the person and they lie to me and I find out later that they lied about their transgressions this is when I have a major problem with forgiveness. Listen, if I am asking you to come clean then that means I am prepared to listen to the truth and I can handle the truth. I know alot of people say this and don’t mean it, but I can assure you if I am asking then I can handle it!

So this is where I have a problem with forgiveness, because if you’re only admitting to the truth because you got caught and not because you came clean on your own, I have a major problem with your sincerity. Are you now admitting your transgressions because you really feel guilty or because you got caught in a lie?

Outside of this, I think I am pretty good when it comes to forgiveness. I know that no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. But my motto is, “You can’t change, what you don’t acknowledge.” And when you are forced to acknowledge your mistakes then your sincerity becomes questionable??

I’m just saying…

6 comments:

  1. "Listen, if I am asking you to come clean then that means I am prepared to listen to the truth and I can handle the truth."

    Bullshit. All that means is that you want us to admit to something. You know your man will catch all kinds of high hell if he admits to anything.

    And if you think people will come clean on their own, I have a bridge to sell you. If people, not just men, can get away with it, they will try to.

    Let's be real here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again @ at True Man like I said most people, especially women, can't handle the truth, but I am not your "average". I am a Realist. I know the dirty deeds that men do, but I am not just referring to men, I am talking about people in general.I once had a man tell me out of all the women he has met in his life, which were many, I was the first woman he met that really wanted to know the true and could actually "handle" the truth!! I just don't talk the talk, but I also walk the walk. My life experiences have matured me to a level that most will never reach!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ernest -- The ability to forgive has alot to do with intent rather then your ability to handle the truth. That is you just being strong. People today can't be honest with themself, and some have not grown up, and just like little kids that lie to get out of trouble so do they. The forgiveness is with yourself for trusting someone who was not worthy of trust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Ernest- EXACTLY!! I kove your quoute, "The forgiveness is with yourself for trusting someone who was not worthy of trust".

    Wow, a man who truly gets it!!

    ReplyDelete