Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Why there are different grace periods for men and women


Men, let’s be honest women naturally take longer than men to get ready for a date. Therefore, by now you all should be used to our tardiness. Does it make it right? No. But I am here to say it is definitely not intentional.
This is an issue that I have been working on my entire adult life.

I had a very interesting conversation this past weekend with some friends and we stumbled upon the topic of what is a sufficient amount of time to wait if your date is running late, 15 minutes, 30 minutes or an hour? I said it depends, but there is definitely a different grace period for men than women. I have no problem if a date is running late because we all know things happen. My problem is when you’re late and you DO NOT notify me that you’re running late. That’s a no no! Therefore, if you are running late and you do not notify me then you will get a fifteen minute grace period and then I’m out. However, if you call and you tell me you’re stuck in traffic or something justifiable then I will give you the benefit of the doubt and will give you a 30 minute grace period. If you’re going to be later than that then we should just reschedule the date.
The men were a little bit more generous with the grace period. The men said they would give a 30 to 45 minute grace period if she did not notify him that she was running late. Their justification: they hate public embarrassment and humiliation. Therefore, they are willing to wait a little longer in hopes that she would eventually show and save him the public humiliation.

No man or woman likes public humiliation and I truly believe that’s why women tend to arrive a little later than men in the hopes that he is already there and she doesn't have to sit and wait for him. In addition, often women like to make a grand entrance in some cases. But we all know women indeed take longer to get ready for a date than men. If you take any poll they will all reveal that women take twice, if not, three times longer to prep for a date than men.

So the very next time you plan for a date please keep these things in mind. Women tend to take longer than men, but it is also impolite and rude to not notify your date that you’re running late, regardless if it’s 10 minutes or 30 minutes. No one likes to be stood up especially in public.

I’m just saying.

C Double R

Make sure you pick up a copy of my erotic suspense novel REACTIONS on www.cdoubler.com or on Amazon. If you would like for me to write about a specific topic or have a question or comment please email me at cdoubler2@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment